Looking for a quick, refreshing, and delicious summer snack? Look no further!
Here in the South, we’re known for turning just about anything into a dip or salsa. If you can scoop it, lather it, or dip it with a cracker, you’ve got a winner, winner, chicken dinner. If you’ve noticed, though, these popular dips can often leave you feeling a bit stuffed, am I right? I may or may not have highly overindulged in a friend’s homemade pimento cheese recently… okay, I did.
This summer, why don’t you give this super light, perfectly sweet FRUIT salsa a try? Not only will it satisfy your snack cravings, but it’ll treat your waistline right!
What is your very favorite summer fruit?
If I had to pick just one fruit to eat all summer, it would be watermelon. It’s crisp, sweet, hydrating, and isn’t too sweet!
For this salsa, you don’t have to play fruit favorites. Pick ’em all! That’s what’s so great about this recipe: you can customize it to what you’ve got available in your kitchen. Check out the list below to see what I used my last go ’round!
Fruit Salsa Ingredients:
- Lemon juice, 1 tsp
- Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Strawberry jelly, 1 tbsp
- Store-bought cinnamon sugar pita chips OR make your own with the following ingredients:
- Flour tortillas
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cooking spray
Remember – these ingredients can be totally tailored to your liking! Have fun with it!
- Chop all fruit into small, bite-sized pieces
- Mix in lemon juice, sugar, and strawberry jelly
- Serve salsa with cinnamon sugar chips
- How to make cinnamon sugar chips: cut flour tortillas into quarters, spray with cooking spray, sprinkle on cinnamon sugar and bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Serve this yummy fruit salsa at your next get together or whip it up for an afternoon snack! Heck, you may even catch me eating this for breakfast. Let me know how you like it and share your own fruit salsa versions on Facebook!
Have a wonderful week!