Hey there, friend! It is hot as blazes over here! Are you sweating off your make-up too? Most days and evenings it is to hot out to even sit outside so a lot of our family nights have been inside or after the sun is gone for the day.
I am always looking for ways to spend time together that everyone will like! With kids ranging from 7 to 16 that isn’t always an easy task but there is one thing that everyone in my house loves… Christmas! And since it is July it seemed like the perfect time for Christmas in July! When I ran the idea by the kids they all quickly asked for their favorite Christmas cookies…Andes Mint Cookies! My mom has been making these cookies for as long as I can remember!
•3/4 cup butter
•2 tsp water
•1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar •12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
•2 1/2 cups flour
•1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Combine butter, water and brown sugar in a
small sauce pan and melt. Add chocolate chips and stir until smooth and cool.
2. Beat eggs one at a time into the chocolate mixture followed by the dry ingredjents and chill for 1 hr.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on foiled cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 9-11 min. Remove and place an Andes Mint on top. Let the mint sit for 3 min and swirl to melt. Be sure to lick your fingers!
I wanted to make a special to go with the cookies drink so frozen hot chocolate sounded like the perfect choice and it was a hit! It was so easy and so yummy!
It is exactly what you would think…frozen hot chocolate with lots of syrup, whipped cream and of course sprinkles! Here is the recipe! I would love to know if you decide to try it!
FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE
•2 cups of milk
•4 servings of hot chocolate mix
•2 1/2 cups of ice •2 T chocolate syrup •Whipped cream •Sprinkles
1. Combine ice, milk, mix and syrup and blend until combined.
2. Pour into a fun, frostedmug and top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles and a festive straw.
3. Enjoy making sweet memories!
I put our sweets out on the kitchen table so they could grab a cookie or 5 as they wanted and we snuggled in for a Christmas movie complete with Christmas jammies!
My Maddy definitely approves!
It was a sweet night just being together and talking about our favorite Christmas memories! If you haven’t tried a Christmas in July family night I highly recommend it and so do my kiddos! All 4 of them!